Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Baseball Game

So Steve took off this week to watch the boys while Amy is still enjoying her vacation to London (have I mentioned that I am jealous?!). I ended up taking off Wednesday and Thursday to hang out with my boys.

So Wednesday we went to see the Timber Rattlers play the Peoria Chiefs. Well why this game you ask..... you see for my b-day I got these tickets so the three of us could enjoy a game of baseball (Alex stayed with Grandpa V while we took in the game... thanks again for watching him) and it just happens that Ryan Sandberg coaches the the Peoria Chiefs. That is correct Ryan Sandberg (I will have more on him in the next post).

This also happened to be Jack's first baseball game and he thought he was seeing the Cubs play. Yeah I know I should have corrected him but why break his heart.... plus half the spectators had Cubs shirts, jerseys, hats, etc on due to Ryan Sandberg (I of course had my Sandberg shirt on, Jack was decked out from head to toe in Cubs apparel and Steve had a Cubs shirt on). Anyways, Jack had a blast watching the game and ate like a pro.... hot dog, peanuts, ice cream and nachos. Then it came for the seventh inning stretch and Jack sang like a pro... except he wanted to know who the rattlers were and why didn't they sing Cubbies too?! Awwww warms my heart that he was listening to me when we talk baseball. :)

Here are some pictures of big man and also a short clip of him singing.

The game

When do I get to catch a ball?

Jack and Mom after the game

Jack and the baseball field

Way to go team...


Thanks for the tickets Steve, Jack and Alex. I had a blast and I hope you did too. We will have to do this again soon!


No comments: