Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Weekend

This weekend went by quickly. The weather was fabulous and we got to enjoy it quiet a bit.

Friday Jack, Alex and I went to visit Steve at work and then returned home to get a phone call to join Pam, Will and Anna at the Y for the Rainbow Rompers class. Jack had a blast and did not want to leave when it was over. We got home had lunch and the kids took their nap. After that we went for two strolls around the neighborhood, well Jack rode his bike and I pushed Alex in his stroller. Then before we knew it Steve was home from work and we played a bit more outside and then called it a night.

Saturday we ended up taking Alex into Urgent Care because he was up with the barking cough and also he was just not himself so we to see if he had an ear infection and of course he didn't, but we were told he had swollen vocal cords that were red and irrigated (you think?!). So then we went home had lunch and the boys went down for their naps. While they were napping, Steve and I went outside to do some landscaping. The boys woke up and played outside for a bit and then before we knew it, it was dinner time. Later on that night I ended up working a Lock-In at the Y for a 4-H group from 8pm til 8am Sunday morning. So while I was their I got to watch Gone Baby Gone (on my portable DVD player and in my opinion it is a great movie) and catch up on some TV shows online. I also got to figure out what bushes and plants I want to plant this spring around the house.

Sunday I got home and Steve was nice enough to take the boys to his parents house for a few hours so I could get a few hours of sleep. It is crazy how you can be up for 28 hours and when you want to sleep it takes forever for it to happen. So, the boys returned and we played and played, had dinner and then got a treat from Culver's before bedtime (The joys of having a Culver's five blocks away).

No comments: