Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Must be Crazy

I think I have lost my mind. Steve got me to sign up to run the Bellin Run this year. It is a six mile, I think six mile.... crap I don't even know for sure.... what have I gotten myself into, run on June 14th. They are expecting around 10,000 people this year (if not more). I am not a runner.... I have never liked to run nor have I ever ran anything before unless you count playing flag football, softball, volleyball, basketball or kickball. I am a competitive person when it comes to sports so this should be interesting. Guess who will be starting to hit the Y every morning until this is over. I am already two weeks late on the training.... YIKES! Wish me luck!!! I just hope to finish in a little over an hour.... is that realistic or should I be able to do that faster?? We will see!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am a very slow runner, and if you at all remember from my volleyball attempted years, I was usually the one coming in last for our daily 1 mile. I started running about 3 years ago and I did my first 10k last April...6.4 miles. I made it in just minutes over one hour, and I never stopped once. I have a feeling that you will do it in less than that b/c I am super slow. Good luck! You can do it!!

Koko Perhe said...

You can do it! I have started to run too. I am doing a 10k in May! I am super slow too, but I don't care because I am going to run it! I too would like to make it in under an hour but who knows! I will be happy to cross the finish line! I will let you know my time, it will make you feel better I promise! :)