Friday, January 25, 2008

The Weekend Part II

Sorry this is a little late compared to Jen's update, but better late than never ! Last weekend Jack and I took a "road trip" (as he likes to call it) to Illinois to visit Aunt Jen, Nick and Mya. Our weekend began around noon on Friday. I got off work a little early and when I arrived home, Jack was more than ready to get in the "bus" and begin the trip! Once we got on the road, Jack was too excited to nap, but told him we could only play with Nick and Mya if he took a nap...so within 2 minutes he was sound asleep! 90 minuted later he woke up and was disappointed to find out we were not there yet and for next hour continued to say Nick and Mya lived "far-far-away". Once we got there, he took off to the basement to play with the big blocks and Mya's kitchen. Friday night went to dinner at On the Border - a great Mexican restaurant. Jack had a corn dog and Mexican rice - what a good little eater he is! That night Jack and I slept in the basement. I made him a bed on the floor, but not long after he fell asleep, he decided sleeping on the couch with me would be better, so cuddled on the couch all night!

Saturday he woke up at 7:30, which for Jack is sleeping-in. Once up, he was ready to start playing again with Mya. Those two were inseparable all weekend. Even while eating, Jack had to move his chair right next to Mya and wanted his plate touching her's. She was a good sport for the first few times, but by Sunday she no longer wanted Jack to sit by her. I think she wanted a little space! We did not leave the house on Saturday because it was so cold, so it was a lazy day. I think Jack's favorite thing to do on Saturday was play in Nick's bunk bed and climb up and down the ladder. That evening, Jen decided to have a "slumber party" and sleep in the basement with Nick, Mya and Jack. I got to sleep upstairs in Mya's bed...well for a couple hours at least. Around midnight, Jen brought Jack up to me because he was crying and was looking for me. So, for the second night in a row, we cuddled at night while Jack and I shared Mya's twin bed. When Jack woke up however, he was sad because he wanted to be apart of the slumber party and did not remember getting up looking me. He soon got over it once he saw Nick and Mya. After breakfast on Sunday, I knew it was about time to go as the kids, specifically Jack and Mya, had enough bonding time a needed a little break from each other...sharing was beginning to become difficult! We had lunch and decided to hit the road. Jack was definitely ready for his nap, so I loaded up the van and we gave hugs and kisses! I was not on the road for 2 minutes and Jack was sleeping and did not wake up until we got to Fond du Lac! On the way back home, we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Van Nulands to drop off some "stuff" from Aunt Jen and watch the beginning of the Packer game. While there, Jen and Alex decided to spend one more night in Neillsville. Since G & G V usually watch the boys on Mondays, Jack spent Sunday night there and I got to go home...alone!!! It is nice from time to time to have a night alone, even if it is just to sleep.

By Monday, Jack was really missing Mommy and Alex and by 5pm, that night, everyone was back under one roof and I could definitely tell Jack was extremely happy to see his little brother....and his mommy too!

No comments: