Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Weekend Part I

Friday started off with excitement and little patience. Jack was so pumped to go on a road trip with Dad to Aunt Jen's house that he couldn't wait for Steve to get home from work (he only worked half a day). Steve finally arrived home at 11ish and Jack was ready to go.... then he was told not until after lunch. When they were eating lunch Alex and I left on our road trip to Neillsville.

I will blog about Alex and my trip and I will have Steve write up his weekend with Jack later tonight.

Alex was such a trooper on the drive. I have to thank my lucky stars, both of my kids are travelers. Alex slept two hours and the last 45 minutes of the drive he was playing with his toys that I handed him. (I have to make a plug on a product here...... Who ever invented the mirror so you can see your child when they are sitting backwards deserves to be a millionaire! I LOVE my Fisher Price car seat mirror!!!! I never have to wonder what Alex is doing, if he spit up, if he is sleeping, if he is blinded by the sun, why he is crying or just plain old bored. If you don't have one.... get one!! I swear you will love it!)

Okay back to the story.... We arrived right when Grandma H got home from work. Needless to say, as soon as my parents saw Alex I was out of the picture. So Friday night Alex ended up staying up until 10pm. (That has never happened. He is usually sleeping by 6:30-7:30) Well how could he sleep when G&G and Jill were having their usual Scrabble competition. Yes, Jill I will let everyone know you won.

Saturday, Grandma, Jill and I went to Eau Claire to do a bit of shopping. Alex and Grandpa had an entire day of bonding which they had a blast playing and sleeping! Our bit of shopping turned into a huge purchase... Grandma bought a 50" plasma TV. After three hours of contemplating and calling Grandpa asking if she should or not she took the plunge! So we got back to Nville and Jill and I carried the old TV downstairs and then put the new TV up and got it going. WOW, that is all I can say. It is HUGE, but very cool. So mom you made a good purchase and be ready for a house full of people for all major sporting events and for the Cubbie season! :)

Sunday we went to church in the morning and then went to Marshfield to see Juno (what a good movie!) Then after dinner and right before I was going to head out the door I made a last minute decision to stay an extra day. Monday Alex and I headed to to Green Bay around lunch time and man that drive sucked! Alex slept pretty much the whole way home but the roads were for crap! We got home and waited for Jack to arrive from G&G V's house. Once he did all he wanted to do was hang out with Alex. I had to practically beg for a hug and a kiss. So the rest of the night the boys hung out and had a great time beating on each other or should I say Alex beating on Jack, who by the way loved every minute of it! I give it a couple more months and that will all change!

I will have Steve make his post soon and as soon as Jill emails me pictures from this weekend I will post those as well.

No comments: