Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend

We will start with Thursday because well why not!

Thursday I picked the boys up from Amy's and took them to visit Uncle Chad at the Fire Station. Jack was is typical self asking Chad about all the trucks. This was Alex's first trip to the Fire Station, which I can not believe it took me this long to take him. Alex was a hoot and just stared at the trucks. Then of course the best of the best of the visit... Firefighter Pokey (I am pretty sure that is his nickname) bought Jack not one candy bar but TWO. That was the talk of the night! Uncle Chad Jack does have one request though.... please, please, please get me a new firefighter hat when they come in.
So onto the weekend. The boys wanted to be outside the entire time and when it did rain they were sad and as soon as Jack saw it stop or the sun peaking out it was outside time.

Friday we played A TON and got a bunch of yard work done. I even got a chance to wash the kitchen floor not once but twice!


Put the stepping stones in place (seriously, does anyone know how to get these pictures to rotate?)

Helping Dad get ready to mow the grass.

Feeling those Cubbies!

Alex wanting to mow too. About 10 minutes after this picture was taken Alex threw up on the kitchen floor (hence washing the floor twice).


So Alex was not feeling the greatest for some bizarre reason Friday evening. Threw up a few times but slept threw the night and was his old self Saturday morning.

Saturday we were outside a lot and even made it down to the Friedman's out for a drink and laughs.

Sunday we went to church and then we were off to the Smits' house once naps were completed for more drinks, laughs and stories. I will post pictures shortly.

This week will be crazy. Amy is going on vacation to London for 10 days (did I happen to tell you I am jealous!!!???) starting Tuesday. So G&G H are coming to town for the week to watch the boys while we work. Thanks Mom for taking your vacation so I wouldn't have to take mine (sounds a bit selfish huh?!). Don't worry though I am taking her to get a pedicure on Thursday so it all works out! :)

No comments: