Monday, March 17, 2008

Jack and Mom's Road Trip

Jack and I had a fantastic weekend at G&G H's this weekend. The morning started off with me hitting the Y at 6am. After I got home Steve headed off for his workout. While the boys and I were playing the new owners showed up to pick up the old couch. Luckily Steve got home right when they were backing the trailer into the driveway. So as soon as they loaded the couch I jumped into the shower and I was off to my hair appointment. An hour and a half later Jack and I were on the road.

The drive went really fast and Jack slept for about 45 minutes of the drive. Once we arrived he was on a mission to do everything possible that he could think of. First he had to bring the toys upstairs and then he helped Grandma make mashed potato's.



After cooking with Grandma he was off being attached to Grandpa's hip. A bit after dinner Grandma and I made a trip to Greenwood to church and when we returned home at 9:15pm Jack was still up and roaring to go. Around 9:30 Jack announced he wanted to sleep downstairs, and we made our way down. After saying our prayers and talking about what he all did that day he was out cold... as was I.

Sunday was another fun filled day for Jack. He helped Grandma make Great Grandma's pancakes.


The final product

Add syrup, roll and eat (yummy)

(Photo's added to make Suellyn jealous.... are ya?!)

After breakfast Jack and Grandpa went and picked a bucket full of rocks and proceeded to take a wagon ride to the bridge to throw the rocks into the river. (This is something my father has done with all his grandchildren. They all or most of them love doing this. They get a kick out of how much of a splash they can make when the rocks hits the water.) Jack came back and announced that the river was still frozen and there were no big splashes.

After playing outside, Jack helped Grandma tenderize the round steak for dinner. He was having way too much fun with that mallet!



So after beating the meat we were off to color Easter eggs.

Look mom I made that egg go SPLASH!
Check out that egg!

After coloring eggs we (Jack and I) went downstairs to take a nap, yes I took one too. One and a half hours later Grandpa came downstairs to wake us up. (Oops)
After dinner and packing the Pilot up we were on the road back to Green Bay around 6:50pm. Jack was determined to stay awake the whole way home but finally after an hour and 45 minutes he passed out. We arrived home around 9:30 and tucked Jack into bed, unpacked the Pilot and went to bed myself.

No comments: