Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Family Cubbies Game

July 28-29 was our annual trip to Wrigley Field with my sister, brother, cousin and some GB Firefighters. This year was really cool because it was my brother's bday on the 28th and Steve's on the 29th.

My parents came up to watch the boys so we could enjoy a little "lone time" (which doesn't happen very often.... the lone time that is) from the boys. Thank you SO MUCH Dad and Mom. The boys had a BLAST and so did we. :) Then we were off to Milwaukee to pick up Jill and head to Chicago. We ended up parking the truck on a side street near Wrigley and took the El to our hotel downtown. Then after we checked in it was back on the El to Wrigley to find Chad and the boys. Once we found them then the fun started.

Here is Jill and I with the bday boy at The Cubby Bear. My parents ended up buying Chad this shirt (even though they didn't know it until after he bought it and told us... LOL). We just about fell over when we saw him in it.

Jill and I with Link behind

Jill enjoying her first beer

Steve and I

Jill and Eric

Jill and Chad

Chad and me

We always get seats in the bleachers and the first game was a night game (which I LOVE). The game was good until around the 6th inning and then it was over for the Cubbies that night. So we decided to drink a wee bit more.

Jill passed out

Just Kidding... silly cousin Jeffrey with the bunny ears.

Jeff and Jill

Jill and I
I think you can guess that something not good happened here....

Screw the game I am drinking hard core now
Beer is good.....


Well after the game we headed to Murphy's and then Sluggers and then some Firefighter bar somewhere. Good times.
The next day was Steve's bday and another Cubbies game. We got up and packed up and headed back to Wrigley for a day game. What a HOT day. 85 degrees not a cloud in the sky and sitting in the bleachers. The bday boy got lots of drinks for free that game and the Cubbies ended up winning! So it was worth all the sweating and smelling not so good boys (and girls) around us!

Bday boy and me

All in all it was a great trip and we cannot wait until next years games!
PS: Steve is wearing a shirt that Chad wore when he was a senior in high school. I cannot believe my mom kept the shirt and it is in great condition. Everyone had a good laugh when he walked into the bar before the game.

No comments: